Two weeks until our reunion!
Here is the latest news/updates. I’ll be sending emails out, posting information on the website and in the Facebook group. Keep checking for details as they are finalized.
Email – email@example.com
Orders_Reservations Received as of May 3 2014
Reunion Sweatshirt Pickup – expected May 13 – 16:
• If you ordered a sweatshirt, expect an email as soon as the sweatshirts are ready to be picked up. We expect them to be ready by Tuesday, May 13th, but maybe earlier. Thank you to Valerie Kroke for handling this distribution. Please pick up sweatshirts during the week. Sweatshirts not picked up for people going to the parade, will be brought to the parade, but if you are local, help us out by picking up yours early. FYI… there are no extra sweatshirts, sorry.
• Kitsap Bank, South Park Branch – 1700 Village Ln SE. Bank hours are 8am – 6pm.
Announcing! Informal Meet & Greet – Friday, May 16, 6 – 8pm, A&W!
Just like our high school years, A&W was a place to stop in for something yummy and see who was around. The Gerhings are treating DRILL TEAM all to root beer floats! Stop by one the way home from work or as you arrive in Port Orchard. Start off our reunion at A&W!
Bremerton Armed Forces Day Parade – Saturday, May 17, Time: TBD
• There are 78 of us signed up to walk the parade! Wear your reunion sweatshirt, or your high school drill team sweatshirt. We have American flags for you to carry and we’ll share the duty of carrying our banner. A couple of classic cars are available for those who need a ride in the parade; three members are riding and there is room for a few more. Send an email if you are going to need a ride.
• If you haven’t signed up for the parade, but can join us at the last minute, please do! We ask that you still chip in the parade fee of $3.00 to help pay for the expenses. If you don’t have a Drill Team sweatshirt, find something maroon or white.
• Details and time for our parade line up will be sent out as soon as we are informed! In general parking is at Olympic College. The parade starts at 10am and is about 11 blocks long, but we’ll have further to walk depending where we line up and then again getting back to the parking area. Let’s hope that we all need some sunscreen that day!
• Volunteers needed: If you arrive early for events and would like to help, it would be great to have a few folks that would like to help sign people in, pass out name tags, flags and sweatshirts and collect parade fees if needed, please send an email if you would like to volunteer. Sisters, husbands, friends can help out too if they would like. (6 people would be great!)
Reunion Party – The Clubhouse at McCormick Woods, Saturday, May 17, 6:30 – 10:30pm
Get ready to have some fun! Current tally is at 107 people planning to attend the reunion party. This includes DT members from the classes of 1960 – 1997, advisors, a mascot (early 80’s know who this is), spouses (yes, 10 have signed up) and a few other friends of Drill Team. Don’t miss the fun and the chance to celebrate a long history of Drill Team.
• If you haven’t reserved a seat, it is not too late! Send an email by Sunday, May 4th, listing your name, phone number, the check number you are sending in the next day, how many reservations, your spouse’s name if they are joining. The cost is $37.50 per person. We are not selling tickets at the door. After May 4th, send in an email and I do my best, but no promises.
Photos and Memorabilia:
• Photo boards will be up around the room with a some starter photos. Please bring copies of your photos to add to them! You are also encouraged to bring any other DT memorabilia to share with the group. Uniforms, gloves, boots, etc! We could also use stories or memories. Write out your memory on a sheet of paper and we’ll tack it up with the photos. Please provide a date of the memory and put your name on it.
• For those who won’t be able to join us, feel free to send in your memories or pictures. We’ll do our best to get them on the photo boards! (Please send your email stories now, the last few days are going to be crazy!)
• We’re going to try to take a group picture and will have a photographer or two roaming the party. Plans are to have a website to upload photos so everyone can share the party photos. Stay tuned for details.
• There has been some talk of having a raffle at the reunion party. If anyone has an idea of something they might like to donate, please send an email. I’ll bring a box of Joy’s Biscotti to donate! Any other ideas?
• Afternoon setup help: Exact times and jobs are still being determined, but send an email in your name if you’d like to help.
• Greeters: Checking people into the party. Three people for 20 minute shifts – 6:20, 6:40, 7pm.
Who can help with music?
• In order to have some marching or routine music at the party, we need some help! Who has some experience to help put music together, or has a teenager that can help!
Questions, orders, ideas, offers to help? Email – firstname.lastname@example.org